Mount Roberts Tramway
See it all, do it all, above it all.
- Breathtaking views of harbor, sea and mountains
- Timberline Bar & Grill with Alaskan beers and seafood
- Crab Feed (mid-June to late August)
- Native and historical art and artist demonstrations
- 120-seat, state-of-the-art Chilkat Theater with free short film
- Bear viewing platforms
- Juneau Raptor Center Bald Eagle Display
- Wildlife and alpine flowers
- Hiking Trails
- Nature Center
- Raven Eagle Gifts, Gallery & Souvenirs
- Receptions & Catered Events
- Recipient of Governor’s Award for facility accessibility design
Ride an enclosed tramway gondola from the cruise ship dock in downtown Juneau through the rain forest to the 1,800-foot level of Mount Roberts for one of the most expansive views in Southeast Alaska: Chilkat Mountains to the north, Gastineau Channel to the south, west to Douglas Island, and east into Silver Bow Basin, where gold was discovered in 1880.
At the upper Mount Roberts Tramway terminal, the beautiful Mountain House (Shaa Hít) recreation and cultural complex sits amid towering Sitka spruce and the grasses and wildflowers of the sub-alpine. The Mountain House includes the Timberline Bar & Grill (with seasonal outside dining) the Chilkat Theater, Raven Eagle Gifts , and access to a Nature Center, Juneau Raptor Center Bald Eagle Display and Mount Roberts Trail System.
History, Art and Culture
Visitors can learn about Tlingit culture through the award-winning film Seeing Daylight, shown in HD Blu-Ray every half hour. In addition, Native and historical artwork is displayed indoors and outdoors throughout the complex, and Native artists present frequent live demonstrations with beads, wood, fossilized ivory , silver, garments or dolls and share their cultural stories.
Southeast Alaska’s Top Attraction
The Mount Roberts Tramway experience is one of exploration, discovery and delight; a blend of nature and the cultures and history of Southeast Alaska. Complete your Alaska journey here!